Thursday, March 19, 2015

Dominio IV and Chardonnay

For the spring section of OWIE, I am interning at Dominio IV! So far it has been a really nice experience, and I have already learned so much about wine. When I began the internship in February, I had no idea what I wanted to do; I just knew I had a desire to learn as much as I could about working in a winery. So, Patrick and Ryan began giving me little tasks to complete to become acquainted with the winery and tasting room. I started with creating a template for email blasts and working at the Candle Light Dinner in the cellar, and, for the past few weekends, I have been working in the tasting room with Ryan.

Instead of going in to the tasting room last Saturday, I volunteered at the Oregon Chardonnay Symposium with Josh. It was so much fun and super insightful! We spent the morning setting up the tables (there were about 205 place settings, and each person got six different glasses of Chardonnay to try). It took us about two and a half hours to finish, but it ended up looking amazing!

Here are a couple pictures from the Symposium:






Afterwards, there was a grand tasting in the Stoller tasting room where many different Oregon wineries came to pour their chardonnays. Josh and I saw many familiar faces, and we also talked to others we had not yet met. The whole experience was fascinating and really fun (even though it was pouring all day, and I ended up getting soaked). But, "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain," and we definitely danced (metaphorically) in the rain.

That's all I have for today!
-Over and out-
Abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment