Thursday, April 2, 2015

Another Week of Work

My spring internship has come to an end. It is now time to focus solely on my project as the presentation date quickly approaches!


This week I have been laying down some foundation for my project. I have finally set up meetings with business professors on campus and sent out emails asking for information on what a new hire in their finance/accounting departments should know before starting to work. While I offered to meet in person, it is unlikely all of the people I contacted will have an opportunity to do so. At this point I am waiting to hear back from these individuals to see how to best structure this class.


When meeting with the professors I will also be asking for examples of class schedules and their syllabi. These will be great starting points for creating my own schedule and syllabus.


I also recently heard that a professor in the business department is extremely interested in accounting related to the wine industry. Although I only have two accounting classes under my belt, perhaps his input would be helpful in making this course. I have added meeting with him to my list!


Next week I am hoping to check in with a good amount of information as to the content of my class and how it would work into the Wine Minor at Linfield!

No comments:

Post a Comment