Sunday, April 5, 2015

New Club Release!

This week was a whirlwind! Dominio IV released their new 2012 Tempranillo yesterday, so we spent Friday preparing for the release on Saturday.

On Friday, I arrived at the tasting room to find Ryan missing; he had to run up to Portland to retrieve wine from the portland wine storage. As soon as he returned, (five minutes after my arrival), the two of us began unloading his full car and putting the wines away to their designated place. Afterwards, I manned the tasting room while he ventured back out to finish up some last minute errands for the event on Saturday. I was a little nervous because this was my first time running a tasting room on my own, but I met a really nice family from Iowa who was very supportive and kind. I also got to meet two other people from within the industry, and we ended up having a nice conversation, as well.

When Ryan returned, we continued to set up the cellar for the event. The wine bottles were placed on barrels with candles, the cheese plates were set up (without the cheese on them, yet), and we prepackaged some wines into bags so they were ready to go if we had a rush.

On Saturday, I began the afternoon with washing and polishing glasses, lighting candles, buying and slicing bread, and plating cheese and salami. I also ran to the back and retrieved wine orders when people asked for them. As the afternoon continued, I began pouring and talking to a few customers and had a really nice time! At the end of the event, we cleaned up and headed home.

That's all I have for this week!
Until next time,
Abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment