Thursday, April 23, 2015

Presentation Preparation

The past week has been chaotic in terms of this internship.


I went through quite the struggle to obtain a new copy of our internship text in order to receive a code. Ultimately, two books and a headache later, I was able to take the strengths text that accompanied our text. As we discussed grades in our group meeting I found that the weekly blog post never came up. I am not sure if it is still required, but I suppose I will fill everyone in on my progress anyways.

 With most of my tests out of the way this week and little homework over the weekend, my goal is to complete my PowerPoint slides by Sunday night. I have already created an IPS, Morningstar X-Ray, and explanation paper as examples of student work. All that is left is putting my course onto a presentation. I will also provide handouts, but the number in attendance at our presentations is still unknown.

I have a general idea of how I am going to structure my presentation, making sure to pull information I have gained over the past year. Although I have found the wine industry to be very intriguing and complex, it is not the highly competitive business world I imagined. Erin brought this fact up in the meeting, and I think she perfectly verbalized how I have been feeling about the industry. The close knit community and ability to share information and ideas is crucial for the growing industry, but as a finance major I have not found it aligns with my passion of growing to be a dominating business with well executed financial strategies. Hopefully the course I have created will be able to pull from wine and finance to create an interesting presentation.

 Here is my own to do list as our internship comes to a close:
 1. Create Presentation
          a. Include syllabus, calendar, and example assignment
2. Supervisor Evaluation (from Jeff?)
3. Self-Evaluation
4. Final two portions of the essay
5. Presentation
6. Earn an A in this course


Again, I leave you with a quote that sums up the past week:
"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment