Thursday, April 16, 2015

Strategy Shift

I have a new respect for professors. This project has shown me the complications and difficulties in creating a class syllabus and schedule, and I can't begin to imagine the headache when the task is not hypothetical.


Anyways, I have changed a small approach to my project. I am going to add a case study example to my presentation to highlight the goals for my course. In making this addition, I have now created another project to complete. I truly believe the case study example will add emphasis to my overall project.


Progress - connections have been made with professors in the business department. An accounting professor in the department has been an amazing resource, and has really helped me develop my project. I just need to talk with Ellen and possibly Jeff about the desires for the minor and how to address these goals in my syllabus.


Left on my agenda for the project: meet with Ellen, finish IPO, Morningstar X-Ray Report, fund selection, write-up, compile information for syllabus and schedule after meeting with Jeff.


Tasks for completion of internship: supervisor evaluation, self evaluation, complete reading, two more paper segments, and continue weekly blog postings.


Next week we will have a group meeting, so I hope to blog the following Thursday regarding my progress in completing the assignments for both the final project and the internship as a whole.


As I sign off, I leave you with wise words from Ernest Hemingway: “Wine is one of the most civilized things in the world and one of the most natural things of the world that has been brought to the greatest perfection, and it offers a greater range for enjoyment and appreciation than, possibly, any other purely sensory thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment