Thursday, April 16, 2015

The season is picking up again!

Last weekend I mainly worked in the tasting room! The tasting room manager was away on vacation, so I got to practice utilizing all of the knowledge I have learned thus far to sell the wine. I am really enjoying being in the tasting room because I am beginning to learn who customers are and what they like (mainly because they keep coming back)! So it is really fun to facilitate conversations and see recurring customers.

I also recently paired a decadent Triple Cream Goat Brie with a 2005 Tempranillo. The explosion of flavor on my palate was absolutely divine. The light tannins in the Tempranillo attached to the proteins in the cheese, and this combination created a luscious and balanced taste of creamy (and slightly stinky) cheese and wine. Oh. My. Gosh.

My research project has been an on-going process. I find that everyone tastes wine differently (and everyone prefers different wines), so everyone definitely has his or her own opinion on what to pair with certain wines. BUT. That being said, one can refer to the basics of food and wine pairing to pinpoint what typical food might pair well with certain wines. As much as I would love to go into the details of these basics, I'm afraid I must save them for my presentation in May.

A bientôt,
Abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment